Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Check up, check out

Max and I had our 6 week check-up today. it was sad, because it was our last official visit to the midwives at the Miami Maternity Center. I already miss them. They were my only support during the difficult pregnancy. They opened my eyes to women's health, the politics of birth and the joy of motherhood. I feel like getting pregnant right away,so I can keep going there. of course, they told me we could visit, but it won't be the same. It feels like Max's birth is finally over. I guess that would be right considering all the books say the last stage of labor ends 6 weeks postpartum.

We're both fine. I have lost 25 pounds, but I'll never confess how many more I have to go. Max has gained 3. I think this would be more dramatic news if we hadn't had weekly pediatrician appointments. He weight 9 pounds, 5 ounces. He's alert and smart. he's my boy. They gave me a copy of his medical file. His blood type is the same as mine: A*. I guess he'll be acing his report cards too. It's in his blood.

No comments: